Marisa Miller Diet and Exercise Secrets, Marisa Miller Workout, Marisa Miller Fitness Tips

Posted on Monday, May 31, 2010 by ---- | 0 comments
Labels: , ,


Marisa Miller Diet and Exercise Secrets, Marisa Miller Workout, Marisa Miller Fitness Tipss

I prefer healthy food and try not to bring too many treats into my house. But I don’t believe in depriving myself either. When I go to the movies, I have a sugary soda, not a diet one. And if I want a burger, I’ll have a burger. I just make it a point not to eat one five days in a row.”

Check out Marisa’s breakfast and pre-workout snacks:

“I usually have steel-cut oatmeal with sliced bananas in the morning, but if I want something fast, I whip up a protein shake. I mix soy or almond milk, yogurt, a banana, and a scoop of protein powder with frozen organic fruit, like mangoes or blueberries. I don’t measure anything; I just throw it all in the blender. I also carry Gnu Flavor & Fiber bars with me in case I need to eat on the run.”

But there are times when it takes serious willpower to resist temptation:

“My husband, Griffin, is tall and lean, so he can eat anything he wants. Some nights he’ll bring home french fries, and I have to resist them! I decide to say ‘no’ and then make something else, like a veggie burger. It’s not always an easy choice, but it’s a healthier one.”

Of course, Marisa also works out regularly to stay fit.

“I’m 100 percent natural, but I have to work hard to stay in shape. There’s no magic pill. Believe me, if there was, I’d know about it.”

On what she stays away from most of the time

"Processed stuff. Recently, I came back from a long trip and [my husband had] gone grocery shopping, which was nice, but it was all TV dinners and Cap’n Crunch. I said, ‘Honey, is there a fruit or vegetable anywhere in the house?’ And he’s like, ‘I got canned peaches!’ God bless him, but he doesn’t make it easy for me."

Her work out & Exercise

First of all, Marisa insists, all that we see about her is real: nothing has been added and nothing has been cut out. Her body is as such because she grew up in a very active family, and has learned that keeping moving is essential not only for health, but also for good looks. Given that her day job is modeling, therefore often posing in her swimsuit, looking good is a necessity for the 30-year-old model, as also is working out.

“You could say I’ve been going to the gym since before I was born.” Marisa says for Shape. In time, the model has learned to be flexible in her routine, since she’s on the road most of the time and, understandably, can’t hit her local gym or work at home with her personal trainer. “It’s not easy for me to stick to a set routine, but if I can do something almost every day, I don’t have to play catch-up before a big photo shoot. I have a home gym and I take Spinning classes at my local health club. When I can, I box with a trainer, which helps me blast calories. If I’m going on the road, I bring resistance bands with me so I can strength-train anywhere. Every bit helps.” Miller explains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment